Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Peril -Vismaya (Group 6)

Two options. Sacred Heart College or St. Teresa's College. It was a dilemma, though my heart and mind had always been tilted towards SH college. Getting an admission at these colleges was not an easy mountain to climb and I, for one, was yearning for this college.

But due to my "extreme luck", I got called to STC, but was left with a much more curious position of being given a spot allotment at SH college. Maybe it was because I didn't want to go there in the first place, but it was honestly a nightmare. Having expected to get admission at SH college, i felt like a fish trying to climb a tree at STC.

On one such gloomy day, sitting in my class as the lecture went on, I was pretty much lost in my world of schoolmates and nostalgia when I noticed a familiar face at the door. It was my mother with a brilliant smile on her face; and I knew, I knew that I'd been called from here. My joy knew no bounds, I was literally thrilled. I might as well have been the happiest soul in the world during those moments.

Now, when I think of my previous college where I spent around 3 weeks, I still feel terrified by how badly I couldn't adjust there. But the few friends I made there are still some of the best mates I could ask for. Coming here, I was able to cherish the best of days, creating memories that I'll preserve in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment