Friday, August 16, 2019

My Unexpected Holidays (by Ann Lopez)

    The word 'holiday' is something which brings a smile to one's face and an unknown wave of relief irrespective of one's age. The happiness which it gives is almost the same be it a student or a working person.

Last week I got some unexpected holidays due to the Kerala floods, so on Thursday I came to my hostel and there already was a rumor that Friday might be a holiday so I decided if it so happens, I will go home since the holiday was yet to be declared I decided get started on the assignment which was to be submitted the next day and as expected Friday was declared as a holiday by around 6 p.m., so then me and my friends decided that since we have three whole days to get all our work done, we will sit and talk so we talked for some time, and then we got to know that due to the floods there was some issues in the train route towards Kozhikode. Then there were a few tense moments after that since one of our friends Anaina, was on her way to her home in Kozhikode. But she reached safe and sound and we were relieved.

The next day as decided, I went home and unexpectedly one of my friends, Shanthini was there in the bus which I boarded so we talked about different things throughout the journey. This was different from my usual routine, which will be just me and my playlist. I reached home and after having a tasty breakfast cooked by my mom, we sat together and talked about events from our day-to-day lives which practically lasted pretty much the entire day. The next day which was Saturday, I had some errands to run and sadly that gobbled up almost my entire day.

On Sunday, I watched the movie 'Kung fu killer' and then me and my mom sat and talked for a while after that she expressed her wish to see a movie so then we watched the movie 'Athiran'.

The next day, by noon, I reached my hostel and no sooner had I plopped my bag on the bed than my phone pinged with a message saying that Tuesday has been declared as a holiday. By then I was too lazy to travel back home so I decided that I will stay back and get all my work done. But then the procrastinator in me woke up and said. "you have an entire day to get all your work done, so for now let's just have some fun" so then sadly I obliged and finished a book 'Charmed' by Nora Roberts which I took from the library. The next day the procrastinator in me was still working and I kept on pushing my work aside hour-by-hour. Again by evening, Wednesday was declared as a holiday. So that day me and my friend who was back from home and could not go back even though it was a holiday, since the roads were blocked. We sat and watched a movie and talked a lot. On the next day I realized that if I keep procrastinating like this, I will have to pay a heavy price for it. So I got on my assignments done on Thursday. And that's pretty much what happened during the unexpected holidays which I got.

2 comments:

  1. repliche rolex orologi, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of repliche rolex deepsea orologi, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conseils pour acheter une copie ici.pas cher homme montre Les gens passent beaucoup de temps à chercher sur Internet, et il existe de nombreuses copies de marques de créateurs célèbres.Nous pouvons être sûrs qu'elles sont de haute qualité et de qualité.replique montblanc star classique montre C'est la première fois que j'achète une réplique de montre. Cette montre m'a surpris. La couleur est très discrète et la qualité est très bonne. pas cher

    ReplyDelete