Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Game of accounts-Neethu Krishnan

"Neethu, should we debit it or credit it?"
"Sir, debit.. no credit sir I don't know!"
"Well ,it's okay molu.There is still one more week for your exam ."
Okay guys so that was just a dialogue between my accountancy sir and myself a week before the nerve-racking accountancy boards. I am afraid of ghosts ,but I feared accounts even more.Yes, the whole idea of putting numbers into different columns was not my cup of tea. I failed all throughout 12th for accounts and had zero confidence to face the boards.
I don't remember exactly when, but then my accounts teacher Mr Devidayal ,whom we all hated due to different reasons came to me and had this long talk which ended up in him offering to teach me the whole accounts portion ten days before the exam!! I didn't have much hope still I went for it because I knew very well that I was in a position to do anything to get a pass mark.
Okay so now I can proudly say that I passed my exam with a really good mark .And, yes it was all because of him. He had me over in his house for about 10 days right before the exam from morning till night. He started teaching the most basic things which made me feel like a four year old which I enjoyed a lot to be honest .I made mistakes each and every time over and over again. He did not scold me ,but he tried to make things clear in the best possible way. My confidence starting going up from zero day by day. Very soon I was able to crack even the extremely intellectual problems using the tips given my him.
And then, on the day before the exam he didn't talk much as I expected, all he said was just to believe in yourself and the game of accounts (He called it a game) is all yours.
From failing miserably in all tests to scoring reasonably good marks for boards and from hating my accounts teacher all throughout the year to being his greatest fan ,it has been great. So if I consider myself as Cinderella I can say that Mr Devidayal is my fairy god mother!


No comments:

Post a Comment