Saturday, December 14, 2019

THOUGHTS TO REALISATION



THOUGHTS TO REALISATION                          - ANNA ELDHO
                                                                         ( Posted by Oikonomia )

A muddy hand stretched towards me..... it was like a bridge to his eyes. I stood up and my eyes reached those eyes through the hand. The two glazing stars ,but they were not suiting to that boorish figure in front of me. It seemed like two stars fixed on the skull. The body was in utter weakness but the eyes showered some kind of divinity. And the Divinity spoke to me.........in silence. Throwing the mud in my hands I ran up for the patriarch. He came to the threshold like a king, but nothing had happened beyond ignorance. I was very keen for that person as his presence reminded me my Grandfather, whom I loved the most and is no more. Even though I couldn't do anything for him....nothing had shaken his smile. He returned with empty hands. He only left a few footprints in the damp soil. After all this, my seedlings and his footprints lay like strangers in the quad.
        A curious thought disturbed me that night...."We both had mud in our hands then why did father neglect him." I didn't want to bury that query inside. Yesterday night my father was questioned for his heinous action." We were taught that All Indians are our brothers and sisters, then why didn't you help that person who begged before you?" He was shuddered on my suspicion. He finally consoled me saying “They are unreliable and we should be careful of them ". It spread uneasiness and I couldn't sleep yesterday.
            I was in a hurry to school this morning and father gave his love as 10 rupees as pocket money. On the way to school I think about the muddy hands and the money hands and I found similarities and differences in the way two people stretched their hands for two entirely different purposes. I didn't expect that I could find the right person to give that money. Yes, I found him. He was weary, even though he was taking care of his little one. She was sleeping tiredly. Then it was my turn to stretch the hands. I bought a smile worth 10 rupees. After a little walking I couldn't control my inquisitiveness..... I searched him to know how much happiness I gave him. A father's love was caressing his princess... He could not abate the hunger with that little money yet he could smile. This made me think how much food I waste everyday.......!

No comments:

Post a Comment